“Lakeside Trolley Company” established in 1895, when Lewis Ginter purchased two trolley cars and built a trolley car line from the A. P. Hill Monument at Laburnum Avenue north to Lakeside Park and the Lakeside Wheel Club, now the home of the Jefferson Lakeside Country Club and Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden.
Returning this year, the “Lakeside Trolley Company” will make Lakeside Farmers’ Market it’s permanent home. Bring back memories of TIMES PAST with nostalgic Trolley rides on the Lakeside Trolley. Watch for the return of the LAKESIDE TROLLEY in the coming days. Additional information of the original “Lakeside Trolley Company” and Lewis Ginter can be found at www.lakesideavenue.net and visit the LOCAL HISTORY page.